Unit: Science Research and Applications
Position: Space Weather Scientist
Qualifications: Bsc (Maths and Stats)
Teboho obtained his Bsc degree in Maths and Stats from the University of the Western Cape (UWC) in 2009.
In 2011 he joined the SANSA team as a space weather intern at the Space Science Directorate. Teboho was
then appointed to the permanent position as a Space Weather Assistant in 2013.
In 2015 he was promoted to Space Weather Scientist.
His current responsibilities include:
- High Frequency predictions
- Forecasting space weather
- Data and Space Weather Analysis
- Statistical Analysis
- Produce Space Weather Reports
- Publishing website with space weather conditions and alerts
- Sending daily report of space weather to clients
- Presenting to Space Science visitors and science advancement scholars